The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released the notification for the Probationary Officer (PO) exam for the year 2023. The notification was released on the official website of IBPS on July 31, 2023. As per the notification, there are 3049 vacancies for the post of PO in various public sector banks.
The online application process for IBPS PO 2023 began on August 1, 2023, and the last date to apply is August 28, 2023. Interested candidates are advised to read the notification carefully and ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. The selection process for IBPS PO 2023 will consist of a preliminary exam, a main exam, and an interview.
IBPS PO Notification Overview
|Exam Name||IBPS PO|
|Conducting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Post Offered||Probationary Officer (PO)/Management Trainee|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
The total number of vacancies for IBPS PO 2023 is 3049. The category and region-wise vacancies will be available in the official notification. Candidates must note that this is an indicative vacancy and it will be increased at per discretion of the Banks.
IBPS PO Important Dates
The important dates for IBPS PO 2023 are as follows:
|Online registration||1st August 2023|
|Last date to apply||28th August 2023|
|Preliminary exam||7th, 8th, 14th, 15th October 2023|
|Main exam||26th November 2023|
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for IBPS PO Notification 2023 are as follows:
- Candidates must have a degree in any discipline from a recognized university or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.
- The minimum age limit for the candidate is 20 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years as of August 1, 2023.
- Age relaxation is provided for candidates belonging to reserved categories as per the government norms.
- The detailed age relaxation criteria are mentioned in the official notification.
- Candidates must be either a Citizen of India a subject of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan or a Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Candidates belonging to any of the above categories must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India in their favour.
Candidates who wish to apply for the IBPS PO/MT and SO Recruitment 2023 must pay an application fee. The application fee is non-refundable once the candidate submits the fees.
|All others||Rs 850/-|
IBPS PO Online Application Process
The application process for IBPS PO notification 2023 started on August 1 and the last date to apply was extended to August 28, 2023. Candidates are advised to fill out the application form within the given time frame to avoid any last-minute hassles.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply for IBPS PO notification 2023 through online mode only. The following steps need to be followed to complete the application process:
- Visit the official website of IBPS, i.e. (https://www.ibps.in/)
- Click on the “CRP PO/MT” tab on the home page.
- Click on the “Apply Online” link.
- Fill out the application form with all the necessary details such as personal information, educational qualifications, work experience, etc.
- Upload scanned copies of the candidate’s photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee through online mode only.
- Submit the application form and take a printout of the same for future reference.
Candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully before filling out the application form. The application fee for IBPS PO notification 2023 is Rs. 850 for general category candidates and Rs. 175 for SC/ST/PWD candidates. The fee can be paid through online mode only using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
The IBPS PO Exam Pattern is divided into three stages: Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and Interview. The Preliminary Exam is an objective-type test, while the Main Exam is a combination of both objective and descriptive-type tests. The Interview stage is mainly conducted to test the candidate’s communication skills and personality.
The Preliminary Exam consists of 100 objective-type questions, which are divided into three sections: English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability. The duration of the exam is 60 minutes, and there is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer. The candidates who clear the Preliminary Exam are eligible to appear for the Main Exam.
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
The Main Exam consists of both objective and descriptive type tests. The objective-type test consists of 155 questions, which are divided into four sections: Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, General/Economy/Banking Awareness, English Language, and Data Analysis and interpretation. The duration of the exam is three hours, and there is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60|
The descriptive type test is a test of the English Language (Letter Writing and essay) and consists of two questions for 25 marks. The duration of the descriptive test is 30 minutes.
The Interview stage is conducted for candidates who have cleared the Main Exam. The interview is conducted to test the candidate’s communication skills, personality, and knowledge of the banking sector. The interview is conducted for 100 marks, and the minimum qualifying marks are 40% for General category candidates and 35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates.
IBPS PO Important Links
|Previous Year Papers||Link|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the syllabus for the IBPS PO exam?
The IBPS PO exam consists of three stages – Preliminary, Mains, and Interview. The syllabus for the exam includes English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, General Awareness, and Computer Knowledge. Candidates must prepare thoroughly for each section to score well in the exam.
What is the salary of an IBPS PO?
The basic pay of a Probationary Officer in IBPS is Rs. 23,700. In addition to this, they are entitled to various allowances such as Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, and Medical Allowance. The total salary of an IBPS PO varies based on the city of posting and other factors.
What is the last date to apply for IBPS PO 2023?
The last date to apply for IBPS PO 2023 has not been announced yet. Candidates are advised to keep an eye on the official website for updates on the same.
Will there be an IBPS PO exam in 2023?
Yes, the IBPS PO exam is conducted every year. The IBPS PO 2023 notification is expected to be released in the coming months.
What is the revised vacancy for IBPS 2023?
The revised vacancy for IBPS PO 2023 has not been announced yet. Candidates can refer to the official website for updates on the same.
How do I apply for the IBPS PO exam 2023?
Candidates can apply for the IBPS PO exam 2023 by visiting the official website and filling out the online application form. They must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. The application fee can be paid online using various modes of payment.